We took 64 of the meanest and nastiest movie villains ever created and brought them together for a no holds-barred tournament, to find out who is the evilest villain of all times. For rules and details about the selection process click here.
We’ve already witnessed what will probably be the biggest upset of the tournament when Maleficent bested the legendary Dracula. Could anything else top that? See below:
(7) Anton Chigurh – No Country for Old Men: Notorious for his captive bolt pistol.
(10) White Witch – Chronicles of Narnia: She murdered a god-like lion and then wore his mane into battle against his people.
Winner: Anton was a nasty son-of-a-b—-, but consider this. Anton wasn’t pure evil, the man was just driven. Indifferent. He even had a freaking code that would’ve allowed Brolin to save his wife. Compassion is not evil. The White Witch at the buzzer.
(2) The Wicked Witch of the West – Wizard of Oz/the Wiz: She cut the king of pop Michael Jackson in half.
(15) Sheriff of Nottingham – Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves: An evil dictator that canceled Christmas.
Winner: The Sheriff of Nottingham knows his witches, but there is no way this witch would submit to his will. She’s terrorized an entire fictional city in her own right. But as much as I’d like to see a witches duel in the next round, the Wicked Witch of the West wasn’t really “evil” she was just drunk with revenge for her sister. The greedy Sheriff was corrupt to the bone.
(5) The Predator – Predator: An unflinching alien hunter.
(12) Bullseye – Daredevil: An unflinching Irish assassin.
Winner: Both are noted for hunting down their targets and blowing them away. Both tend to enjoy the thrill of the hunt more than the profit. Both tend to get fixated on targets they fail to kill. So what’s the difference? Well the Predator draws the line at killing children and pregnant women, while Bullseye’s silenced an old lady with a peanut. That’s evil. Bullseye’s from long range!
(8) Regan – The Exorcist: A 12 year-old possessed by — possibly — the devil himself.
(9) Castor Troy – Face/Off: A criminal possessed by a cop.
Winner: Okay, so again, Regan wasn’t really evil at all. And if she were good bad enough to replace the devil, she wouldn’t have had to have been possessed by him to do evil. What boss wants to do the work for his employee? But Castor Troy still has to earn his spot. He shot a little boy. That will do.
(3) Damien thorn – The Omen: He is the actual son of the devil, dubbed the Antichrist.
(12) Jimmy Bones – Bones: The ghost of Snoop Dogg with revenge on his mind.
Winner: I mean Damien is the son of the devil, so he is actually created for this tournament. But he was also a confused little boy and not really sold on the whole “evil destiny” thing. However, Jimmy Bones didn’t really kill — or at least target — anyone he did not have a beef with, so Damien moves on.
(1) Darth Vader – Star Wars: Destroyed whole planets.
(16) Daniel Plainview – There Will Be Blood: He beat a man to death with a bowling pin.
Winner: Sure Darth Vader kill a lot of people, but they meant nothing to him in the first place. Daniel Plainview killed one fake son and tormented the other. Then again, Darth Vader, choked his wife, sliced his mentor, chopped off the hand of his son and tortured his daughter. Darth wins.
(4) Khan – Star Trek: He stuck eels into people’s ears to control their minds.
(13) Kingpin – Daredevil: He stuck roses in his victims pockets to let them know they were going to die.
Winner: This is interesting because neither villain was shy about getting their hands dirty, but in the end it’s like this: for the Kingpin, if it don’t make dollars it don’t make sense. For Khan, well…vengeance and chaos was the goal. Khan wins.
(6) Nurse Ratched – One Flew Over the Cukoos Nest: She was the inmate running the asylum.
(11) Kevin – Sin City: a serial killer that ate his victims and hung their heads on his wall.
Winner: Wow. Nurse Ratchet picked on the mentally challenged. Kevin picked on prostitutes. Most people have a soft spot for the mental and a hard…nevermind. If I had to say who was more likely to turn over a new leaf of righteousness, it’d have to be Nurse Ratchet. Kevin, please pass go into round two.