We took 64 of the meanest and nastiest movie villains ever created and brought them together for a no holds-barred tournament, to find out who is the evilest villain of all times. For rules and details about the selection process click here.
This is the bracket:
Click image to see an enlarged bracket.
We begin with the Northeast Region:
(2) The Terminator – Terminator: Murdered a bar full of innocent bystander just to kill Sarah Connor.
(15) Keyser Soze – The Usual Suspects: killed his own family just so they couldn’t be used against him.
Winner: This would have been a slam dunk for Soze, but seeing as how no one really knows whether or not Keyser Soze actually did kill his family or anyone else for that matter. Advantage goes to the 2 ton robot who splattered people without blinking. Granted he doesn’t need to blink, but still…Terminator wins.
(1) Hannibal Lecter – Silence of the Lamb: Killed a man and then wore his face to escape capture.
(16) The Fisherman – I Know What You Did Last Summer: Stuck a hook through the jaw of a dock boy.
Winner: The Fisherman may kill his victims and stick them in the freezer, but he never came back and ate them. Hannibal did. That’s sick, literally. Hannibal wins.
(3) Jack Torrence – the Shining: Put an axe through the chest of a cook on his way to hunting down his wife and son.
(14) Lori Quaid – Total Recall The Creeper - Jeepers Creepers (at the 11th hour there was a power outage at the recall facility so Lori couldn’t make it to the tournament. The Creeper is her replacement — Hey, I said there’d be surprises.): He has an entire cave canvased with the bodies of young road trippers he’s murdered over the decades.
Winner: I’m sorry, but Jack Torrence killed one person. One. With an axe. Where’s the creativity? Truth be told the house was the true villain in the Shining. The Creeper on the other hand shove a shotgun through an elderly ladies chest. The Creeper pulls off the upset.
(7) Vincent – Collateral: Forced a man he was going to kill to help him kill others.
(10) Annie Wilkes – Misery: Forced the object of her desires to stay with her by breaking his ankles with a sledge hammer.
Winner: Vincent was a detached assassin, but he wasn’t really evil, just indifferent. Annie Wilkes — though not in her mind — was evil. Who’d want to be strapped down to a bed by Kathy Bates? Annie Wilkes wins.
(8) Blofeld - the James Bond series: He was a global terrorist before it was cool.
(9) Bill the Butcher – Gangs of New York: Thought American immigrants should be squished like cockroaches.
Winner: It’s simple. Blofeld planned a lot of evil sh–. Bill the Butcher did a lot of evil sh–. Case closed. Bill the Butcher wins.
(5) Pennywise – It: An evil clown that kidnapped and murdered children for laughs.
(12)Gordon Gekko – Wall Street: An evil stockbroker who destroyed thousands of families financially.
Winner: I understand Gordon Gekko never killed anybody, but as we all know now that “greed” can torture a victim just as painfully as any knife. Pennywise stalked tons of children…but took a 30 year break. Gordon Gekko never takes a vacation. Gekko wins.
(4) Michael Myers – Halloween: One of the most gruesome psycho-killers of the 80′s
(13) Lord Voldemort – Harry Potter: Murdered Harry’s parents.
Winner: I thought this would be a battle, but when you think about it…Lord Voldemort didn’t really kill many “people” and spent his entire life failing to kill a boy. Michael Myers could teach this guy a thing or two about murdering family. Myers wins.
(6) Mr. Blonde – Reserior Dogs: Sliced off a man’s ear while dancing to “Stuck in the Middle With You.”
(11) Pinhead – Hellraiser: Known for shackling his victims in chains and then pulling them apart.
Winner: Whoa. Toughest battle yet. Mr. Blonde is about as demonic as a human can get, but Pinhead was about as demonic as a demon could get. So here’s the kicker: you could bargain with Pinhead. You couldn’t bargain with Mr. Blonde. Mr. Blonde wins.
Click image to see an enlarged bracket.
NORTHWEST REGION —->
Beaze and all his crazy antics, featured articles and random thoughts are now on twitter @Beazewriter