We took 64 of the meanest and nastiest movie villains ever created and brought them together for a no holds-barred tournament, to find out who is the evilest villain of all times. For rules and details about the selection process click here.
ROUND 1: Northeast Region
ROUND 1: Northwest Region
ROUND 1: Southeast Region
Click image to see an enlarged bracket.
There weren’t many upsets in the Southeast region, but we did see Damien rise up and announce that he is here to claim the throne that is rightfully his (I mean he is the Antichrist). Will anyone in the Southwest region be able to give him a run for his money? Find out below.
(1) Freddy Kruger – Nightmare of Elm Street: Guts children with a glove made of scissors.
(16) Henry Evans – the Good Son: Killed his neighbor’s pets with a homemade crossbow.
Winner: Freddy never faced a child like Henry before I can tell you that much. This child Macaulay Culkin won’t scare as easy as Freddy’s typical drugged up teenage victims. Henry was a pure sociopath, no doubt about it and would have pulled off the upset against any other supernatural killer…but Freddy Kruger was just as sociopathic when he was human. Once Freddy was given supernatural powers, he took it to a whole new level. Freddy wins.
(4) Leatherface – Texas Chainsaw Massacre: If you ever needed to cut up a log, he’s your guy.
(13) Sauron – Lord of the Rings: Made a nasty ring that turns everyone into a douchebag.
Winner: Look, I’m not even going to pretend that I sat through 9+ hours of LOTR’s, nor that I’d understand its confusing twists and turns if I had. Leatherface chopped body parts and made an entire nation shiver every time they heard a chainsaw rev to life. Leatherface advances. Next!
(3) Catherine Tramell – Basic Instinct: the ultimate femme fatale who murdered men with an ice pick.
(14) Patrick Bateman – American Psycho: the ultimate whack job who murdered people with an axe.
Winner: Christain Bale was truly a psycho – if not American – but at the end of the day who knows whether he really splattered anybody or if he just fantasized about it. I know that’s the gateway behavior (I watch Criminal Minds), but please Patrick…man up and do something about it already! No way does he compare to a legged legend. Sharon Stone moves on.
(7) Alonzo – Training Day: A murderer with a badge.
(10) Alex - A Clockwork Orange: A home invaded with a fetish for sleeping wives.
Winner: Alonzo shakes down thugs like Alex on a daily basis and he’d have no problem out evil-ing this little creep. Denzel Washington wins.
(6) John Doe – Se7en: Reminded the world of the seven deadly sins by putting a cop’s wife’s head in a box.
(11) Clarence Boddicker – Robocop: Notorious cop killer.
Winner: Let’s see. One guy blew a cops apart piece by piece and the other guy destroyed a cop mentally piece by piece. It’s brain vs. brawn here, but in terms of sheer evil…I have to give it to the robo-killer. He’d never commit suicide to punish himself.
(5) Lex Luthor – Superman: A criminal mastermind who tried to sink California.
(12) Cruella DeVil – 101 Dalmatians: an heiress furrier who tried to skin 101 dalmatians just to make a coat.
Winner: As much as I’d like to stick up for California, the truth is that the movie versions of Lex Luthor are all genius and short on the evil. Cruella DeVil was just as rich and if you asked me who I’d be most afraid to meet face to face, it’d have to be DeVil.
(8) T-1000 – Terminator 2: Judgment Day: the liquid terminator famous for stabbing his victims with ice pick hands.
(9) O-Ren Ishii – Kill Bill: Notorious for slicing and dicing her victims with katana swords.
Winner: The T-1000 was creator for the specific purpose of assassination, but some would say the same for O-Ren Ishii. O-Ren was a bad girl, but once again, the code of thieves comes back to bite another villain on the ass. T-1000 didn’t bargain, hesitate or apologize. The liquid terminator shuffles on to round 2.
(2) Jason Voorhees – Friday the 13th: A machete wielding ex-camper in a hockey mask.
(15) Derek Vinyard – American History X: A white supremacist that curb stomps black people.
Winner: A lot of people would say that racist people are the most evil people in the world, but I’d argue that they aren’t evil. They are just cowards, who attack what they fear. Jason Voorhees was afraid of no one. Jason wins.
Click to see an enlarged bracket.
Next up, ROUND 2!—->
Beaze and all his crazy antics, featured articles and random thoughts are now on twitter @Beazewriter